23 Tips For a Fair Skin
In Asian countries – both men and women have a fetish for fair skin. The desire for a blemish-free skin has resulted in beauty salons to come up with aplenty treatments.
In search for glowing skin to enhance their beauty, people prefer to turn a blind eye to their pockets also. But often it has been seen that such expensive and chemical-loaded cures fail – damaging your skin in the long term.
As fairness is considered one of the signs of beauty, people tend to overlook aplenty natural remedies that can work wonders for them minus the tension of any side-effects.
“For fair, glowing skin, regular skin care is of utmost importance. A daily routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing should be followed religiously. Also, exfoliating the skin twice a week is a healthy practice which should be followed. Skin care at home is effective and affordable way of providing extra nourishment to the skin. Ingredients like lemon juice; turmeric, tomato, yogurt and milk help in reducing dark spots and make the skin smooth,” advises Ms. Aakriti Kochar, Beauty Expert at Oriflame India.
While using a good sunscreen (before stepping out in the sun) and sunblock (when you are inside the house) is always recommended, HealthyDunia.com shares 23 natural tips to a fairer skin:
1. Take one tea spoon of turmeric powder with 3 teaspoons of fresh lime juice. Mix well and prepare an averagely thick paste. Apply on face and neck, and keep it on for 15 minutes. Gently scrub out the mask, and wash with cold water.
2. Blend 1-2 tomatoes in a mixer and add 2 tea spoons of lemon juice. Mix well to create an averagely thick paste. Apply on face and neck, the paste is equally effective for other exposed areas like arms and legs. This helps not only in getting rid of skin tan but also exfoliates dead skin cells.
3. Add some salt and lemon juice to some fresh milk. This is an excellent exfoliate that helps to lighten skin tone. Gently massage onto the skin for 5-7 minutes in circular motions.
4. Mix some lemon juice and glycerin in a little milk. Apply on affected areas and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
5. Apply cucumber juice with lemon juice to lighten your skin. Useful for making oily skin fair.
6. Curd is an excellent remedy for fair skin. Apply plain curd on your skin.
7. Curd is a good source of zinc and lactic acid, both helps in lightening the skin tone.
8. For a flawless and fair skin, apply coconut water. This home remedy is helpful in lightening the scar of chicken pox also.
9. Massage your skin with almond oil or olive oil to get fair and soft skin. To this you can add a pinch of saffron for better results.
10. Mix 1 spoon of milk powder, 1 spoon of lemon juice and 1 spoon of almond oil. Apply this and leave it for 15 minutes, wash off with cold water.
11. Egg whites can be applied on the face for a brighter skin.
12. Mix oatmeal, curd and tomato – this pack can work wonders in brightening your skin.
13. With mashed tomato, pour 4-5 drops of lemon juice and apply on the face.
14. Not just for stomach but papaya is good for the skin also. Mix papaya, honey, milk and milk power –this pack is apt to make oily skin fairer.
15. Cucumber juice mixed with honey is very useful for making dry skin fairer.
16. Apply sandalwood paste mixed with almond oil.
17. Mix watermelon with papaya to make a fairness face for oily skin.
18. Apply turmeric with honey and lemon. However experts suggest not using it if you have dark skin.
19. Add some saffron to fresh cream or malai.
20. Simply apply the juice of a ripe pineapple on your face and wash it after 15 minutes.
21. Grind the dried orange peel and mix it with milk for an effective face pack.
22. Gram flour or besan mixed with water or rose water brightens skin.
23. Grind soaked lentil or masoor dal in a mixer and mix it with few tablespoon of milk. Apply it on your face for 15 minutes. Wash it off in slower and circular motions for a smooth and bright tone.
Add your Comment
More From Skin care
- How can a good oral hygiene be maintained?
- How effective are teeth whitening products available in the market these days?
- What is the most common cause for tooth ache?
- Why do gums bleed on brushing?
- Does scaling of teeth cause any damage to the enamel?
- Is it really important to get any treatment done for milk teeth?
Urban Social Entrepreneurships Can Help Build Healthy CitiesUrban Social Entrepreneurships Can Help Build Healthy Cities
Dental Care: A value add to Indian medical tourismDental treatments at affordable price and quality at-par with international